Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kitchen

Although we've had several nice days this January (much to Blake's dismay...we have ice melt to sell!!) we have had to find ways to stay entertained inside.  I have known I wanted to get a play kitchen in our house for Brooks (and for baby girl to someday use!).  I looked at sales over Christmas, but never settled on one.  I didn't want one that was too big or too expensive, but that still had several features (fridge with ice maker, oven, microwave, sink, drawers, storage spaces, etc.)  Finally I decided to just pick one.  I found one on sale and with free shipping from Step 2, so I bought it.  It came the first week in January, and it's been nice to have another 'toy' to play with inside.  Brooks was pretty excited to help Daddy put it together.
 Something goes here dad....
 Brooks had to get out his toy drill to help
 Brooks is screwing on the cabinet door...

One of the first things he did with the kitchen was get ice water...amazing how he knew exactly what the cutout in the fridge was for!
 
 It came with a boiling pot and frying pan that make different noises when they are on the burner.  Brooks decided he wanted to eat what he was frying :)
 He even likes to 'wash' the dishes in the sink! If only he could do that for real...I'd take the help!

 Brooks got a veggie and fruit cutting toy for Christmas, so he had to cut the cucumber to boil in the pot.


We've had fun playing kitchen about everyday....hopefully we can grow his food collection over time and enjoy it for a long time!

1 comment:

The Burgess family said...

That looks like a great toy kitchen for Brooks. We have one our girls don't use that much, but it's pretty pink ;) Don't wish too hard for your food collection to grow, I think our toy dishes and food multiply when I'm not looking! Next time I go through them to purge, I'll see if we have any good stuff to hand down. Someday you can have the whole playhouse, probably! (I love how some families have heirloom jewelry or furniture, but we have pick-up trucks and playhouses!)