Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's Going On?

The answer to that question is, well, a lot! The past month and a half have been pretty busy for us, but there are 2 main reasons I haven't been blogging.  The first being that I have not felt good at all the past 6 weeks.  Yes, for those of you who haven't heard, Baby #2 is on it's way.  We haven't had our first ultrasound yet, that comes on Tuesday, but as far as we know right now, the due date will be somewhere around May 7.  Besides being due almost exactly when Brooks was (he was May 9), this pregnancy has gone pretty much the same in all other aspects too.  I am sick almost all the time, but worse in the late afternoons and evenings, NOTHING ever sounds good to eat, and so far the prescription medication for nausea is only kind of working.  I'm hoping the nausea won't last as long as it did with Brooks, but so far it seems that it will! So maybe the end of November I'll feel good again!  We are so excited for #2 to come, and I'll post more updates after our ultrasound...right now I just want to feel better and get energy back!

The second reason I haven't been blogging is that Brooks went through a 4 week phase where he decided he only needed a 30 min nap everyday...yikes!! So between trying to get Ace work done and getting some much needed downtime without Brooks climbing all over me, there wasn't any time to blog!  So here are some pictures from the last several weeks to get everyone updated on what's been going on.

Labor Day weekend we went to the State Fair.  It was the last couple days I felt normal still because the nausea hit on that Monday...ugh!  Brooks had fun seeing the animals at the petting zoo.

He cried when we wouldn't let him get in the hot tub...the boy loves his bath time!
It was still a little warm out that day, so after his nap, all he wanted to do was hold my cup of cherry limeade...there was just ice left in it so he couldn't really drink out of it, but I think he just wanted to cool off by holding it!
The next weekend we went to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha with my parents and my sister's family.  Brooks had fun looking at the animals and playing with his cousin Lane. 

Brooks really loved the aquarium part of the day...the fish were pretty fun to watch!

I think he was mesmerized by the tunnel aquarium part where the fish were over his head and all around!
A couple of weeks ago we took a trip to Smith Center for Old Settlers Day.  Brooks enjoyed the parade, but mostly because he got his first real taste of candy! I actually think all he wanted to do was dig through his bucket of candy instead of watching the actual parade!

When I went to a consignment sale a couple of weeks ago, I found a used Junior Asparagus that sang a song when you pressed his mouth.  Since Brooks loves Veggie Tales, for just $2 I had to grab it.  We let him take it to bed with him, and he probably plays it for  about 15 min before he finally falls asleep every night and probably off and on for 20 min or so in the morning while he's slowly waking up.  Turns out it eats batteries like crazy and we've had to change them twice now in about a 3 week time frame.  I'm gonna have to switch to chargeable batteries or something because this special cheap bedtime toy could get expensive!  Here Brooks is helping Daddy 'fix' Junior before bedtime. 
 I don't know why they both had to have their mouths open...funny! :)
Last week Brooks also had his first real accident.  He scraped his face on a small lava rock in our backyard.  He has recently discovered that spinning in circles makes him dizzy and that it is kinda fun to do.  He was doing that in our backyard, and like usual, he gently fell to his knees once he got dizzy.  Thinking he was ok, he stood up maybe just a little too quick and was still dizzy and stumbled off the sidewalk right into the only rock in the area.  He cried a little, but was actually tougher about it than I thought he'd be!  I think he was kind of proud of it...and it looked kinda cool since it was almost shaped in a Z!

Well that's about all for now, and I'll try and update more often now that Brooks has returned to 1 hr 30 min to 2 hr naps everyday!


Laurie said...

Yay!!! I kinda wondered if you might be pregnant again! Having kids 2 years apart sounds just about right! I hear that the older child can then be a big help with entertaining the younger one. I can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl!!!

The Burgess family said...

Good to hear from you! I've been wondering how you were doing. We're so excited for you guys to have #2! Glad to hear Brooks' nap strike is over too, those types of things are no fun! See you soon :)

Michelle said...

Congratulations Casey and Blake! How exciting! We are so happy for you guys! Hope to see you soon!