Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life

I haven't had much time lately to keep up on blogs, but I finally got a chance to come downstairs and load pictures from the past couple weeks so I can share them with you! Keely is continuing to grow and get stronger and bigger.  She has even started smiling now, which makes her so much more fun! Brooks still loves his sister and talks to her all the time.  He gets really concerned if she starts crying, and tells me what he thinks she needs (pacifier, music playing on her bouncy seat, a blanket, she spit up, etc.)  I can't wait until she is old enough to play with him! (I think he's ready for it too!) Brooks really needs to get better about playing with other kids, so that is something we are going to try and work on in the coming months.  He is getting a little too clingy to Mom and Dad! Brooks is still struggling with eating as well, and it's only gotten worse in the past couple weeks. I hope it's only due to him getting his 2 year molars right now, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better!

Keely has really been 'growing up' the past couple weeks and her crying fits are not nearly as terrible as they were.  We just figured out that she needs to burp A LOT, even an hour after eating we still need to burp her if she starts getting fussy.  Infant gas drops have also seemed to be working pretty well with her in those situations, so I'm thankful for that.  Keely also had a bad case of baby acne for a couple weeks, but that has also mostly cleared up.  The best thing Keely has been doing is sleeping through the night consistently now for almost 4 weeks!  She goes to bed around 10:30 or 11 and doesn't wake up until 6:30 or 7:30.  I could not ask for anything better! I keep waiting for her to revert back to waking up several times, but thankfully it hasn't happened yet! 

Now finally, pictures!!

My sister has been doing day 'camps' with her kids this summer, with each one having a different theme.  We went out to my mom's for part of 'space' camp.  My mom taped plastic tarp together and filled the inside with water to let the kids pretend they were walking on the moon.  Katy and Lane had a blast with it, but Brooks wouldn't step on it.  He did enjoy throwing 'Saturn's rings' on it though!  We are going to join Cody and her kids for a few other 'camps' this summer in hopes that Brooks will get better playing with other kids! I think this week might be dinosaurs!


My grandparents from Kansas were here this past week, so they got to finally meet Keely!

Brooks taking care of Keely....making sure the swing was on!
Playing together...
 Brooks had to lay down and show Keely how to play with the activity mat.  I'm not sure who had more fun here!
Keely still likes to just sleep wherever sometimes...this one is on the couch downstairs while Brooks and I played some basketball with his little hoop. :)
Just too cute...
My family all went over to my Grandma and Grandpa Jost's for supper the other night, and Brooks and Katy had fun with the marble ramp. 
Now for smiles! Sorry they are kinda fuzzy, I guess I couldn't hold my phone still enough as I was trying to catch the smiles before she quit!



1 comment:

The Burgess family said...

Hi there! So glad to hear Keely is sleeping well for you, what a difference that makes! Rosie did well at first but backtracked hugely, so we bought a new house and having her own room seems to help, ha ha! We've got a nice sized pile of clothes for little Keely, hopefully we get those to you soon. Does she have darker hair than Brooks did?