Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My other Baby

So for work, my Boss Doug told me that if I raised our sales at the store 10% from August to December that he would give me a big green egg and I did . This is a Big Green Egg. It's a ceramic charcoal grill/smoker/brick oven. I have been using the one at the store for the past year. I have smoked pork and briskets, cooked pizza, cookies cinnamon roles. Cooked burgers and steaks. It's a very versatile thing. It also has a huge following of people that love them. Just Google big green egg sometime and you will see. I got mine put together and got to cook on it for the first time the other night. One of the great things about it is that very efficient with it's heat. You are able to cook outside 0 degrees and fill it up with charcoal and cook 18 hrs on it at 225. Or you can get it up to 700 and throw some steaks on it and sear them. Which is what I did.

It uses natural lump charcoal and not briquettes. Lump burns hotter and has less ash and no binders like the briquettes.
Here is the finished steak. 2 min on each side ant 650. Then shut down the air vents and let it set for about 4 min. GOOD Steak

No comments: