Monday, April 30, 2012

Quick Update

We had quite the eventful last couple of days here at our house.  It started Saturday when we finally got rid of our pool table downstairs! YAY!! We sold it to a friend of Curtis' and they came and picked it up that evening.  Luckily they managed to get it up the stairs with only some minor wall bumps and scrapes, but oh well, it's gone and we have so much more room in our basement now! Blake did end up having to help (much to his dismay) but they definitely needed the extra help cause there were just 3 other guys besides him. 

However, that night after they all left, I started feeling contractions.  They were not extremely painful, but enough that I was noticing each one.  I started counting in between and they were coming every 5-8 minutes, so we called the hospital and they told us to go ahead and come in.  This was at about 9:00 that evening.  We had kept Brooks up just in case we decided to go in, so we got him in his jammies and took him to my parents house.  We dropped him off and settled him in with them and then got to the hospital about 10ish.  They checked me in and hooked me up to the monitors to see how things were going.  Baby was moving a ton and I was still having consistent contractions, but I was only dilated about 2 cm at most.  Then the contractions started slowing down around 11:30, so they took me off the monitors and told me to just get some sleep.  Yeah right! I got about 30 min or so and then the contractions started again and this time were a little stronger and again 5 min apart.  This lasted from 1:00-2:30, then they decided to hook me up again to the monitors since I couldn't sleep anyway.  Shortly after they hooked me up, the contractions quit again! ugh!! I tried to get some more sleep and got maybe an hour or two, but nothing good! Finally I just decided to quit trying to sleep around 6.  I was having some contractions, but not consistent, and not as strong.  They brought me eggs and a blueberry roll and juice for breakfast, which was much appreciated since I was starving! They started talking about sending me home at this point since I was still only dilated 2 cm and not having strong contractions.  I was pretty bummed at that point! But then our very indecisive little girl decided that she wanted to try and be born again and the contractions started getting more regular and stronger again! They ended up putting me on pitocin at this point to see if that could just jump start things the rest of the way and get me progressing faster.  This was about 7:30.  I started doing really well on the pitocin and had strong, regular contractions, but still not dilating anymore.  The contractions started slowing down again around 9:30 or so, and they finally decided that my body just wasn't quite ready to get rid of this little girl yet.  They thought about breaking my water, but decided me going naturally over the next week (since I'm still a week early) would be the better option.  So we were sent home.  I was a little disappointed we couldn't meet our little girl yet, but I also didn't want to end up with a longer labor than necessary or even a C-section, so I got over it without too much struggle. :) 

Then Sunday night we went ahead and still had Brooks' and Lane's birthday parties.  We had it at my parents house instead of ours since I was exhausted and just didn't want to host anything after our eventful and tiring night! I have a bunch of pictures from the party, and I'll hopefully post more about them in the next couple days!  All had a fun time even though baby girl tried to ruin it all for her big brother and cousin! :)

Anyway, we went to the doctor this morning to see if anything had progressed, and no, I'm still only dilated 2 cm, so we are just waiting to see what happens! ugh! My next appointment is Friday.  Hopefully I will have the baby before then, but who knows.  I'm still having contractions, but not regular or strong enough to warrant another trip to the hospital.  I'm not going in now again until they are really bad or my water breaks! I'm kinda hoping she doesn't come the next couple days and I can get caught up on some rest and get a little more energy back.  Brooks is pretty happy to be home tonight too since he's spent the last 2 days at Grandma's.  We had on the schedule months ago for Brooks to be at grandma's today anyway so I could get end of the month ACE work done, so we just stuck to that plan.  I thankfully got a bunch of work done today, so that was nice not to have to do end of the month stuff with baby around! Brooks keeps saying he had fun at grandma's, but it's pretty evident that he missed being home too! (Don't we all miss home when we are away!) Anyway, that was maybe a little longer post than I had planned, but I just wanted to fill everyone in on what had been happening with us the past couple days! I'll try and keep everyone updated if anything else happens!

To make the blog more interesting, here are just some fun pictures of Brooks with his new toys I bought him a couple weeks ago at a big consignment sale.  It's nice to find him some 'new' things for pretty cheap!!
 Dinosaurs!! I got a huge bag of them for just $10!
 Brooks likes to fly the pterodactyl (sp??)
 I also found a Thomas ramp that Brooks just loves!

 and the best part is he can pretty much just do it by himself without making us help him everytime!

No comments: