Thursday, June 13, 2013

Our lives the past couple months....

 A couple of months ago, we got a pretty big surprise when I hadn't been feeling real good for a few days and decided maybe I should take a pregnancy test just to rule out morning sickness as to why I wasn't feeling good.  Well to my disbelief, the test was positive! I took another one just to be sure a day later, but same result...#3 is on its way!  We really were not sure how far along I was, but we were guessing the due date would be in early December by comparing when I started feeling sick to my 2 previous pregnancies.  We had an ultrasound on May 20, and it confirmed we were right! Due date is December 2!
It's been a pretty rough couple of months for me not feeling well at all, so housework, cooking, and laundry have all been done only when absolutely necessary.  I have discovered we can maybe go about 2 weeks without doing laundry before we run out of underwear and Blake for the first time ran out of his nicer ACE shirts and had to wear just an ACE t-shirt to work.  (whoops! I did a whole load of almost just his ACE shirts that day!) We also went through about 15 days where we had everything from an ear infection, runny noses, sore throats, sinus infection, diarrhea, constipation, urinary tract infection, coughs, and the flu.  Seriously, it was probably the most difficult 2 weeks I have ever experienced as a parent, and I hope we don't ever have to go through all of that again, at least not all at once! In those 2 weeks, it was always 2 of the 4 of us would feel good and 2 would feel yucky.  I was always yucky thanks to morning sickness and a cold, and Blake thankfully stayed healthy the whole time.  Finally I have started catching up on things this week as the morning sickness is getting better for the most part.  I started feeling better around week 16-17 with the other two, and I'll be 16 weeks next week, so I'm hoping we are almost through this!

Anyway, since I haven't been feeling well, keeping up with the blog has been the last thing on my mind, so here is just another random post of pictures showing some of the things we've been up to the past couple months.
Lots of resting...
 Brooks got to drive our new van around Grandma and Grandpa's yard, he thought it was pretty fun!
 Playing outside...
 Playing with the new kitties at Grandma's...Brooks got to name the two black kittens with white paws.  He named one Oreo and the other Basketball :)  Lane got to name the others and he chose Monkey and Stinky.  Quite the names for this litter!
 Here are a couple of pictures from when Brooks had the flu...Keely was quite concerned
 She had to put her hand on him to let him know it was ok
 And here is Brooks with his throw up bowl.  He did a surprisingly good job for a 3 year old at getting the throw up all in the bowl every time except for the first time in the middle of the night.  Luckily it only lasted about 36 hours for him, but it was long enough! I felt so bad for the little guy!
 Keely LOVES to eat, and especially corn on the cob.  More than once she has fallen asleep eating her lunch.  It's quite funny.  She's at a hard age where she almost needs to take a morning nap still, but I can't quite get her to unless we are in the car or stroller.  So by lunch, she is pretty exhausted some days!
 When she falls asleep in the car on the way home from Ace or grocery shopping in the morning I try not to let her sleep too long so that I can still get an afternoon nap out of her.  I'll lay her on the ground and sometimes that doesn't even wake her up!
 We've gone on a couple of bike rides with the kids and they love it!
 Keely loves walking around Grandma and Grandpa's farm because it's flat and we can pretty much just let her go.  It's fun to watch her go.
 More sandbox playing...
 Brooks has gotten to play some t-ball at grandma's.  He loves to run the bases.

 We had Lane and Katy over to play and they had a ton of fun together.  Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but they were all too active.
 Cute little girl...
 Watching little league baseball
 We got to go to a Lincoln Saltdog baseball game with our church lifegroup and Brooks had lots of fun
 Keely was tired when we went, but that helped her sit pretty good for a very active 1 year old. 


No comments: